Cauliflower is a wonderful healthy alternative to potatoes and cauliflower rice is my latest discovery — and dare I say I could eat this every day. This a very simple recipe and it can be made in just a few minutes. You will need one cauliflower head which will make about four cups of florets and a food processor with a grating attachment.
- Remove the leaves and thick stem from the base of the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces that will fit into the top opening of your food processor
- Pop the florets into the food processor using the grating attachment
- Grate the florets so that they resemble fine grains of rice
- Put the grated cauliflower into a microwave safe dish, add a teaspoon of water
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes
Once the cauliflower has cooled you can keep the cauliflower rice in the refrigerator or you can freeze it and use in the future. Cauliflower rice is great for stir fries or in place of regular rice – but it is not so good in a chicken and rice soup as the grains dissolve quickly!
Happy cooking …